Savvy Skills Pyramid
Under-political people equate all company politics with evil, sleazy tactics and avoid entering the arena at all. They often wind up surrendering power, influence, and resources to overly political colleagues. Now you can assess your current ability to use ethical political savvy and learn how to gain organizational impact with integrity.
The Organizational Savvy Multi-Rater Assessment is a 65-item rating instrument that yields an Overall Organizational Savvy Score and 13 separate Skill Set Scores. The 50-page Feedback Report provides a profile of your strong points and gaps. For each of the 13 Savvy Skill Sets, you’ll receive analysis that includes:
- Your Skill Set score and rating as Proficient, Capable, or Vulnerable
- A review of the five assessment items that comprise the Skill Set
- An explanation of the Skill Set’s purpose and impact
- Specific pointers and recommendations for improvement
- A list of related chapters in the book, Survival of the Savvy
- Understanding of Rater Group scoring differences and the reasons for discrepancies that you need to address.
Assess Your Skills in Organizational Savvy
- What is the Organizational Savvy Multi-Rater Assessment? – A robust 360-degree instrument that provides feedback and tips for improving in 13 categories of High-Integrity Organizational Politics. You will receive in-depth feedback and recommendations based upon the differences between your self-ratings and scores from four Rater Groups: your Managers, your Direct Reports, your Colleagues, and your Clients/Customers (internal or external).
- Who Is It Aimed At? – The Multi-Rater Assessment is meant for executives, managers, professionals, or individual contributors who want to measure their skill level and better understand the components of ethical politics on the job and in other organizational settings. This instrument is used by executive coaches on a one-on-one basis since issues with politics are a frequent topic in developmental or derailment coaching assignments, or the tool can be used in our normal group-oriented High Impact Workshops.
- Do I Need the Book to Benefit? – No. People often complete the instrument after reading Survival of the Savvy in order to reinforce what they have learned, set goals, and monitor their progress. Others use the Multi-Rater Assessment to identify their strengths and weaknesses, glean quick tips for improvement, and get a clear sense of how the book will help them hone their skills in specific areas. Each Savvy Skill Set on the Multi-Rater Assessment corresponds to one or more chapters in the book, but the two resources have stand-alone benefit.
- What’s the Takeaway Value? – First, you’ll discover any blind spots you have in the arena of organizational politics. You will also learn many components of organizational savvy simply by rating yourself on each Skill Set item. Finally, regardless of how well you currently function, the recommendations for improvement in the Feedback Report will kick-start your journey to more successful navigation of organizational politics.
To discuss purchasing the Organizational Savvy Multi-Rater Assessment for you or others, please contact Brandon Partners at 415-389-4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.